May 8, 2009

Raven's Call (poem)

By Me Myself and I

Eagle save me from this place
Where darkness falls and all must go
Hawk with you keen eyes there
Look and see the man who brought me here
He stands erect by the door
With a raven on his shoulder

Robin still me from this place
Where darkness falls and all must stay
Finch with feathers yellow and light
Bring the sun so it can shine
Here where darkness falls and everyone goes
With a raven keeping watch with dark eyes that show

Falcon leave me in this place
Where darkness falls and I must stay
Nightingale sing my soul to sleep
So it can dream of better days
With wind in my face and swift in my heart
But I am here and here to stay

Jay, Falcon, Robin, Eagle fly away and leave me
Where darkness falls and I must stay
I miss you hawk, I miss you finch and nightingale
I love you swift and before the raven calls me there
I love you now as I loved you then and I’ll love you
When the raven calls me there

Raven take me to that place
Where darkness falls and all must stay
For your masters call so clear and true
Has brought me here and thus to you
A raven’s call shall bring me home
To deaths door and thus alone
An tell that day when all is right
When all shall come with mornings Light

No comments: